Any fan of science fiction and fantasy genre knows the stories of J. R. R. Tolkien. However, his work was on everyone’s lips when the trilogy of “The Lord of the rings”, A series of films that tell the story of the books the author worked on for many years.
Produced by New Line Cinema, it was a real risk to create these films one per year of the 2001 al 2003, since they involved a high budget and their failure could have been the ruin for the company. However, with a total budget of 281,000 dollars, the trilogy rose as one of the biggest hits in history, grossing a total of 2,917 million dollars.
“The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring” (2001), “The Lord of the Rings: the two towers “ (2002) and “The Lord of the Rings: the return of the King “ (2003) They thus became one of the pillars for the evolution of this genre in cinema. Despite following the narration of the books, the films have original elements and many changes to summarize the story and provide a new experience for viewers.
Among the many ideas that were given at the creative table, there were some elements that were changed as inappropriate, although today many fans would have liked to see these ideas on the big screen. Here we do a count of 10 items so they have been compiled by Screenrant.
10 THINGS THAT ALMOST HAPPEN IN THE “THE LORD OF THE RINGS” TRILOGY
10. Gollum was going to die in two ways: either by being killed by Frodo or by falling into the lava when he launched himself through the ring.
9. Originally, “The Fellowship of the Ring” was going to travel through some rapids in his boat, but it was discarded after losing some film equipment on the river.
8. Gollum was going to sum up his duality with one sentence: “Smeagol lied!” after promising that he would not hurt anyone, but said scene was cut
7. Aragorn’s armor was to be custom adjusted in a bonus scene that was cut
6. The death scene of the Barlog was going to be longer, falling into the sea thus extinguishing its flames
5. Arwen was going to fight at the Battle of Helms Deep, but her part was cut to include Legolas
4. Éowyn was going to fight some orcs while helping a woman give birth at the Battle of Helms Deep
3. Aragorn was going to fight Sauron at the climax of “The Return of the King”, but they changed him for a troll
2. Frodo was to see himself as Gollum in a vision of the future. There was only a record of the makeup she used
1. The epilogue to “The Return of the King” was to be much longer, showing Legolas’s endings, Aragorn’s funeral, and Éowyn and Faramir’s wedding.
1998 “Rush Hour”: Official Trailer of the film with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker of New Line Cinema
MORE FROM CINEMA
MORE FILM VIDEOS
Joey King and Jacob Elordi began their relationship after filming Netflix’s “The Kissing Booth”
Quick look at Superman’s black suit in action, shown by Zack Snyder himself
Trailer for “Watchmen”, a 2009 film directed by Zack Snyder
Many Thanks To The following Website For This Valuable Content.
The Lord of the Rings: 10 Things That Almost Happened in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy | Series | Cinema | Movies nnda nnlt | FAME