Star Plus is now available in Latin America with its offer of live sports content, movies and series that are not on Disney Plus, its “brother” streaming service aimed at the children’s segment. But do you know if you can use the application on your computer? We tell you which devices are compatible with Star Plus.
You will be interested in:
Regardless of the operating system you use, Star Plus ensures that it is compatible with most phones, tablets and smart TVs on the market, although in all cases it recommends a high-speed internet connection.
What is Star Plus
Star Plus –available from August 31, 2021– It is a service that operates exclusively in Latin American countries and that considers content in streaming from the Disney studios that is not on Disney Plus.
The platform promises the complete catalog of animated comedies from 20th Television (formerly 20th Century Fox Television), exclusive films and original Latin American productions, as well as content from other subsidiaries such as FX, Freeform, Hulu, ABC Signature, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures , Touchstone Pictures and Hollywood Pictures.
In addition, for the first time the live sports broadcasts of the ESPN network will be available in a service of streaming.
This is a different strategy from that followed in other markets. In the United States, Disney keeps its offerings separate for its services on Disney Plus, Hulu and ESPN Plus. In Europe, meanwhile, Star Plus (called Star) was included in February 2021 as part of Disney Plus.
Star Plus Compatible Devices
- Phones and tablets with Android Lollipop 5.0 or later
- IPhone 5S or later phones
- 5th generation or later iPad tablets (iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad mini 2, 3 and 4) and 6th generation iPad Touch
- Amazon Fire tablets with Fire OS 5.0 and later
- Google Chromecast (version 1 and later)
- Google Nest Hub y Google Nest Hub Max
- Dispositivos Android TV (NVIDIA SHIELD TV, Xiaomi Mi Box)
- Vizio Smart TVs with Chromecast Built-in
- Amazon streaming devices with Fire OS 5.0 and later
- Apple TV (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K
- 2016 and later LG TVs using WebOS 3.0 and later
- 2016 and later Samsung TVs with the Tizen operating system
- 2016 and Later Vizio SmartCast TVs
- Sharp con Android TV
- AQUOS con Android TV
- Sony Bravia with Android TV
Video game consoles
- Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
Computers and browsers
- Chrome 75 and later (Windows 7 onwards)
- Edge (Windows 10 onwards)
- Firefox 68 and later (Windows 7 onwards)
- Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 8.1 onwards)
- Safari 11 and later (macOS 10.12 onwards)
- Chrome 75 and later (macOS 10.10 onwards)
- Firefox 68 and later (macOS 10.9 onwards)
- Chrome OS is compatible with Chrome OS 79 and later
Many Thanks To The following Website For This Valuable Content.
Star Plus: these are all supported devices